Recognition and Awards
Over the years Shell Companies in Nigeria have received numerous awards in recognition of their contribution to the country. Among these are:
- Sustainability Enterprise and Responsibility Awards (SERAs): Shell Companies in Nigeria awarded “Best in Climate Action” for the Afam VI Power Plant.
- SNEPCo was named the “Best Nigerian Oil and Gas Company in Technology and Innovation” at the Nigerian International Petroleum Summit (NIPS). SNEPCo won the award for pioneering in-country subsea tree refurbishment. This was the first time in the Nigerian oil and gas industry that a subsea tree was fully stripped down and refurbished locally with its original functionality restored.
- Petroleum Technology Association of Nigeria (PETAN) names SPDC “Local Content Operator of the Year”, marking the third time Shell Companies in Nigeria have won the PETAN award.
- Shell Companies in Nigeria were also awarded the “Best Performing International Company in Technology and Innovation” at the first Nigeria International Petroleum Summit, which included recognition of their role in local capacity development and Nigerian content.
- Jobberman report names Shell Companies in Nigeria the “Best Company to Work For”. Shell led the pack of top 100 companies that respondents admire, respect and desire to work for the most.
- Petroleum Technology Association of Nigeria (PETAN) awards Shell Companies in Nigeria “Local Content Operator of the Year” at the 2019 Annual Oil Industry Achievement Awards.
- SPDC won the 2019 Nigeria Oil and Gas Conference (NOG) Excellence Award presented to a member of the Nigerian Oil and Gas value chain with the most positive commercial or technical contribution to the industry.
Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu, Director General at The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)’s commended SCiN for their critical support to the country’s response activities to COVID-19, as they did during the 2014 Ebola outbreak.
“The support from Shell Companies in Nigeria came at a crucial time. It enabled NCDC to access medical and laboratory supplies and accelerated creation of testing capacity for COVID-19. We look forward to developing our collaboration further, for outbreak preparedness and response.”
|YEAR||AWARDING ORGANISATION||AWARD TITLE/DESCRIPTION||SCIN COMPANY|
|2021||NCDMB NOGOF||The most impactful local content in the upstream category.||SCiN|
|2021||TETFUND||Tertiary Education Trust Fund.||SNEPCo|
|2021||SAIPEC||Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Company of the Year.||SCiN|
|2021||NOG||Women in Leadership of the Year Award.||SNEPCo|
|2021||FIRS (Federal Inland Revenue Service)||Remarkable Performance in Remittance of the various Taxes in 2021 Tax year.||
|2021||FIRS (Federal Inland Revenue Service)||One of the best Tax Compliant Organization in Nigeria for 2021 Tax Year.||Shell|
|2021||NIES||Upstream company of the year 2021.||Shell|
|2021||Nigeria International Energy Summit (NIES)||Women in Energy award.||SNEPCo|
|2021||Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN)||In recognition of Shell’s contribution to powering industries in Nigeria and for its long partnership with MAN over the years.||SNG|
|PETAN||Shell Emerges Best Local Content Operator|
|Nigeria Oil and Gas Conference||
H. E. Dr Alirio Parra Lifetime Achievement Award. For For Country Chair Mr. Osagie Okunbor
Shell MD, Okunbor, wins industry lifetime award
|Port Harcourt Polo Club’s 50th Anniversary Celebrations.||Crystal Award - In Recognition of SNEPCo’s Uncompromising Dedication and Support of The Equestrian Sport of Polo In Rivers State.||https://punchng.com/snepco-receives-recognition-for-supporting-polo/|
|Value Chain Magazine||Best Innovative Thinker of The Year, Mrs. Elohor Aiboni Managing Director Snepco||https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/5th-valuechain-lecture-to-focus-on-local-content-successes-in-oil-gas/|
|2022 Nigeria International Energy Summit (Nies)||
Upstream Company of The Year 2021 Award (The Award Is Always Presented for The Preceding Year)
Shell emerges Nigeria's upstream company of the year
|2023 Nigeria International Energy Summit (Nies)||Snepco Md (Elohor Aiboni) Was Presented with the 2021 ‘Women In Energy’ Award||https://twitter.com/pmparrotng/status/1498936840883167233|
|SAIPEC (Sub Saharan Africa International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference)||SAIPEC 2022 Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Company of The Year Award.||https://twitter.com/Shell_Nigeria/status/1496841097028386816|
Best Overall Exhibitor
‘Special Industry Recognition' Award
'Corporate Sponsorship - Diamond'
|NAPE||'Best Overall Exhibitor'||https://twitter.com/Shell_Nigeria/status/1593606225102401537|
|Practical Nigerian Content||Shell Emerges Best Local Content Operator||Shell emerges best local content operator - Valuechain Online (thevaluechainng.com)|
|Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)||Leading Tax Compliant Firm in Nigeria||https://guardian.ng/business-services/shell-emerges-leading-tax-compliant-firm-in-nigeria/|
More in sustainability
For Shell, sustainability means providing essential energy for a growing population, while respecting people, their safety and the environment.