2022 NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Awards
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) runs robust scholarship programmes which date back to the 1950s and have supported thousands of students, most especially from our host communities, many of whom are among Nigeria’s business, political and social leaders. The objective of the SPDC JV scholarship programmes is to develop Nigeria’s talent of the future. In furtherance of this objective and to promote academic excellence among young Nigerians particularly those from less-privileged background, the SPDC invites applications from suitably qualified full-time Nigerian Students admitted in the 2020/2021 academic session to apply for the SPDC JV University scholarship awards.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
- National Merit Award (NM) - Open to all Nigerians.
- Areas of Operation Merit Award – Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS MUST:
- Be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be registered FULL-TIME undergraduates in on accredited course in and approved University in Nigeria.
- Be in 200 Level (as at January 2023) or possess proof of admission into undergraduate programme in the 2020/2021 academic session.
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity operating in the Oil and Gas Industry, National or International.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants should have a valid email account and phone number (for consistent communication).
- Applications are processed online, via - https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SPDC2023.
- Applicants for ‘Areas of Operation Merit Award’ are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, stamped and signed by:
- The paramount chief/traditional head of the community (government-recognised) and
- The Chairman of the Community Development Committee or the Community Executive Council (government-recognised).
- The letters should be addressed to:
The Manager, Social Performance & Social Investment
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
- Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image must be in JPEG format.
- Application is FREE. Shell does not demand payment from applicants.
- Shell does not assign ‘Representatives’ or ‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
- Application closes February 03, 2023.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test.
- Only successful candidates at each selection stage will be contacted.
For inquiries or concern, please contact: SPDC-SI-Scholarships@shell.com.