Main content | back to top
UNIBEN Project Tuke-Tuke
'Tuke-tuke' designed and built by a team of University of Benin students, is an Urban Concept car that runs on petrol. A realistic type of design, one that can run on the Nigerian terrain.
- Button-activated gear to change speed.
- Brake pads made from palm kernels.
- Indigenous fabric (adire) for the interior design.
- Rain-activated windscreen wiper.
- Plant fibre and fibreglass for the body.
- Clap-activated interior lighting system.
- Obstruction sensor