Main content | back to top
1979 - 2005
SNEPCO's Bonga floating, production, storage and offloading (fpso) vessel
- December 1979 - Company name changed to Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC)
- August 1984 - Agreement consolidating NNPC/Shell Joint Venture
- January 1986 - Signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- June 1989 - Fifth Participation Agreement; (NNPC = 60%, Shell = 30%, Elf = 5%, Agip = 5%)
- July 1991 - Signing of Memorandum of Understanding & Joint Venture Operating Agreement
- April 1993 - Production Sharing Contracts signed - SNEPCO
- July 1993 - Sixth Participation Agreement; (NNPC = 55%, Shell = 30%, Elf = 10%, Agip = 5%)
- April 1995 - SNEPCO starts drilling first Exploration well at Bonga (Nigeria's first deepwater oil field)
- November 1995 - NLNG Final Investment Decision taken
- March 1998 - Shell Nigeria Gas Company established
- December 2002 - Commencement of production from EA field
One Million Barrel Mark
- October 2003 - Achievement of 1 million + barrels of oil per day production from SPDC operations.
A New Face of SPDC
- January 2004 - THE NEW SPDC - A restructuring exercise; Nigerians placed in top positions of Management.
- January 2005 - New SPDC launched, Basil Omiyi appointed first Nigerian MD.
- September 2005 - Basil Omiyi became Country Chair, Nigeria; oversees all Shell Companies in Nigeria as well as Shell interests.
- November 2005 - SNEPCO began oil and Gas production at Bonga