Main content | back to top
2006 - 2010
Challenges and rebirth.
Challenges and Rebirth
- February 2006 – SPDC suspended operations in western Niger Delta due to increasing militant attacks. Production at EA was also suspended due to security concerns.
- June 2006 –The Shell Companies in Nigeria committed to Nigeria Content Development - to maximise the participation of Nigerian businesses in all operations, thereby contributing to the development of Nigeria's industrial capabilities and competences, and supporting the nation's economy.
- January 2008 – Mutiu Sunmonu was appointed as the Managing Director of SPDC.
- March 2008 - Nigeria’s first 4D seismic acquisition in deepwater oil and gas operations was achieved at SNEPCo-operated Bonga field, 120km southwest of the Niger Delta.
Harnessing Nigeria's Gas Resources
- October 2008 – The 240MMscf/d OKOLOMA Gas Plant started supply of the base load gas requirement of (190MMscf/d) gas to the Afam VI Power Plant
Forays into Power
- July 2009 - The Afam VI Combined Cycle Power Plant commenced the supply of 442MW of power, providing additional stability to the National Power Grid.
- July 2010 - The Gbaran Ubie integrated oil and gas project in Bayelsa state produced first gas.