Main content | back to top
Pension Fund Trustee Directors
The Board of Trustees of Shell Nig. Closed Pension Fund Administrator Ltd. (SNCPFA), is appointed by the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Ltd. (SPDC). It is made up of one executive - the Managing Director; and seven non-executive Directors. These include: two SPDC Directors, one Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company (SNEPCo) Director, two Regional Directors and two External Directors.
The Board is responsible for ensuring that the affairs of the company are conducted in a lawful and efficient manner. The Board of Trustees comprises individuals of high repute, who not only have the relevant core competencies but have also demonstrated the managerial capacity to run and oversee businesses. These individuals bring their wealth of experience to SNCPFA. The directors have a track record of achievement, a sense of accountability, and commitment to the task of corporate governance.
SNCPFA is a separate company from SPDC and is incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act with its own distinct governance structure. The inclusion on the Board of Directors and SNCPFA’s two main management committees (the Investment Strategy and the Risk Management Committees) of two External Directors ensures that there is independent professional contribution to the maintenance of a sound corporate governance structure.
The current Members of the Board of SNCPFA are:
- Mr. Mutiu Sunmonu (MD) Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC), Country Chair Shell Companies in Nigeria and Chairman SNCPFA Board)
- Mr. Osagie Okunbor (VP Human Resources, Shell Exploration & Production Africa and Vice Chair SNCPFA Board)
- Mrs. ‘Yemisi Ayeni (MD SNCPFA)
- Mrs. Claire Ighodaro (External Director)
- Mr. Bernard Bos (VP Finance, Shell Exploration & Production Africa)
- Mr. Bode Agusto (External Director)
- Mr. Chike Onyejekwe (MD) Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company
- Mr. Olujinmi Lawal (Financial Director, Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria)