Main content | back to top
We are constantly inundated with emails and queries, seeking confirmation or validity of business propositions made to individuals by people claiming to work for, or affiliated with Shell Companies in Nigeria.
People claiming affiliation with Shell deceive potential victims into transferring large sums of foreign currency. The people initiating these propositions (sometimes using forged Shell stationery and logo) claim the funds are entitlements due deceased relatives from Shell Companies in Nigeria or monies accrued from excess crude oil sales. In some cases, they claim the funds have been forgotten in dormant accounts. These scam artists also sometimes claim to award high value contracts to the recipients of such mails.
Be aware that Shell IS NOT INVOLVED in:
- Lottery promotions
- E-mail cash awards
- SMS anniversary awards
- Unsolicited job offers via e-mail or SMS
- Mobile draws
- Grant awards
- Overseas real estate ventures
- Recruitment agencies and consultants
We disassociate ourselves from any such correspondence and advise the public to adhere to the following:
- Do not respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers from people you are unfamiliar with.
- Do not disclose your personal/financial details to anyone you do not know.
- Contact the Nigerian Embassy in your country.
- In addition, you could refer such mail to your country's Embassy/High Commission in Nigeria for investigation.