Main content | back to top
2007/2008 Shell University Scholarship Award Scheme
The Scheme (Award Types)
1. National Merit Award - (Ref: 2007/2008 NM Award)
Open to Nigerian first year undergraduates, who are not indigenes of communities in the states in which Shell operates.
2. Operational Area Award
Open to first year undergraduates who are indigenes of communities in the states in which Shell operates. This award is divided into two categories as follows:
a) Operational Area (East) Award (Ref: 2007/2008 OE Award)
Open to all first year undergraduates who are indigenes of Shell’s Host Communities in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, and Imo and Rivers States.
b) Operational Area (West) Award (Ref: 2007/2008 OW Award)
Open to all first year undergraduates who are indigenes of Shell’s Host Communities in Bayelsa, Delta, and Edo States.
- Prospective applicants must be Nigerians, who are registered as full-time degree students in a Nigerian University only. (The scheme does not cover other degree-awarding institutions).
- Only students in their first-year of admission need apply.
- Candidates are required to indicate the reference of their preferred award type at the top left-hand corner of their envelopes.
- Candidates should apply for only one of the award types, and submit only one application.
- Candidates with more than one application will be disqualified.
Download Application Requirement (PDF opens in a new window – 123kb)